Time to start shopping!
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Prepared: February 27, 2015
Updated May 2021
Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
PetSmart Canada Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all pet parents including people with disabilities.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for pet parents with disabilities PetSmart will notify pet parents promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. This notice will be posted on or beside the service or facility impacted.Services/Facilities include accessible checkout, accessible washrooms and automatic doors.
PetSmart provides accessible pet parent service training to associates, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf through e-learning. Training is also provided to people involved in the development of policies, plans, practices and procedures related to the provision of our goods and services. All associates employed within the province of Ontario are trained.
Associates are trained on Accessible Customer Service within 14 days of being hired.
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the pet parent service standard
- PetSmart’s policy on providing accessible pet parent service
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use assistive devices or equipment provided by PetSmart that may help people with disabilities to access PetSmart’s services.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing PetSmart’s goods and services.
Associates will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible pet parent service plan.
PetSmart maintains records of the required training.
Pet parents who wish to provide feedback on the way PetSmart provides goods and services to people with disabilities can provide feedback in the following ways:
- Call 1-888-839-9638
- On line at http://petsmart.ca/help
- • or via mail at 19601 N. 27th Avenue, Phoenix, AZ 85027
Complaints are logged into our system and worked by our customer service team. The customer service team will forward feedback or complaints to the store, the district manager, Human Resources, Loss Prevention or other departments as required.
Pet parents can expect to hear back within 3 to 5 days.
To see our full policy, click here