Time to start shopping!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I join the program?
You can sign up in stores by telling the associate when you check out, or online at petsmart.ca or through our mobile app. To download the PetSmart App, visit your App Store.
Who is eligible to join the program?
You must be age 18 years or older and a resident of Canada to be eligible for Treats membership. It’s also limited to individuals only and one account per individual.
What information will I need to provide?
To join Treats, you will need to provide your first and last name, your phone number (so we can look you up), the phone type and your email address (so we can send you special offers and account updates). When signing up in our stores, you will need to confirm your information on the pin pad. When signing up online or through our mobile app, you will need to validate your email address for security reasons.
Why do members need to validate their membership account for their online profile?
For security reasons, we need to make sure the email used to create the online profile belongs to the correct person. The pet parent will receive an email with a call-to-action that directs them to validate the email belongs to them.
Why join Treats?
The Treats loyalty program offers many valuable benefits:
- Earn 8 points for every $1 spent on products & services (online & in stores)
- Earn 8 points for every $1 donated to PetSmart Charities® in-store at the pin-pad, or on petsmart.ca
- Redeem points on any products or services (points are good for a whole year)
- Get a surprise on your pet’s birthday
- Receive exclusive member-only deals & discounts
- Buy 10 Doggie Day Camp sessions & get 1 FREE session
- Enjoy FREE shipping on orders over $49
Is Treats a credit card?
No, Treats is a free loyalty program that offers you benefits for all the pets you love! Earn points every time you shop at PetSmart and redeem points on thousands of products and pet services.
Does it cost anything to be a member?
No, enrollment in the Treats program is FREE!
Will I receive a card when I sign up for Treats?
No, a physical card is not issued. After you join Treats, we will assign a Treats account ID that is printed on your receipts and viewable at petsmart.ca/treats and on the mobile app. To earn or redeem points, you only need to provide your phone number or email address during checkout in store or make sure to be signed in when shopping online. Additionally, you can add your Treats account ID to your mobile wallet (if equipped on your smartphone) or open the PetSmart mobile app and scan the digital card during checkout.
What are the rules of the program?
Rules appear in the Program Terms & Conditions, or you can contact us
Managing Your Profile
Can I share my membership with a family member or friend?
Yes, but make sure they provide your information at checkout.
How can I check to see if I have any offers or points?
To check your points balance and offers, go online at petsmart.ca/treats. or visit the treats page on the mobile app
Why do I need to validate my membership account on my online profile?
For security reasons, we need to make sure the email used to create the online profile belongs to you.
I forgot my password to access my account at petsmart.ca or the mobile App. What do I do?
During the sign-in process, click the "forgot password?" link. An email to reset your password will be sent to the email address provided.
Can I change my online profile user name?
Yes, just update your email at petsmart.ca/ca or on the mobile app. To make this update, your email must be validated, or you can call Customer Care at 1-888-839-9638 to process the update.
I forgot the user name I used when I signed up. What do I do?
Your user name is your email address that you used to create the account.
If a family has more than one PetSmart shopper, can they have additional Treats accounts?
Yes, every family member can have an individual account, but remember that transactions will earn points for the account being used during the transaction and accounts cannot be combined.
Are there membership levels in the Treats program?
Not at this time.
Is my data protected?
How does it work?
in stores: when checking out in stores, you can provide the PetSmart associate your account ID from the mobile app or mobile wallet to scan or give them your phone number or email address to look up your account.
online: when checking out online, be sure you are logged-in before you check out, and your purchases will automatically be credited to your Treats account once your items have shipped.
How are points calculated?
Members earn 8 points for every $1 spent on products, pet services (Grooming Salon, PetsHotel, Doggie Day Camp, Dog Training), and donations made to PetSmart Charities® of Canada online or at checkout in stores.
Can I bank my points?
Yes, you can accumulate points until you decide it is time to redeem them for dollars off your purchase.
How long are points valid?
Points will expire at the end of the month one year after the date they were earned. For example, if a member earned 100 points on March 15, 2019, the points will expire by March 31, 2020 if the points are not used.
How do I know if I have points expiring?
We will communicate to you via email when you have points that are about to expire.
Where can I find my account ID if I forgot it?
You don’t need your account ID. When you order online, you only need to be signed in and you’ll earn points for your order.
When do my points appear in my Treats account?
- For in-store purchases, you earn points immediately. (Unless our systems are down. In that case, we will process your points within 24 hours after your purchase.)
- For online purchases, points will be credited to your account within 24 hours after your order has shipped.
Do all my purchases count toward my points?
You can earn points on all your purchases, however, gift cards, shipping charges, discounts from vendor coupons (or other similar discount coupons), taxes, and tips are not eligible for points. See the Program Terms & Conditions for complete details.
Do I earn points on pet services?
Yes, all Grooming, PetsHotel, Doggie Day Camp and Training Classes are eligible to earn points.
Do I earn points on donations to PetSmart Charities® of Canada?
Yes, all cash donations at in-store or online checkout earn you points at the same ratio of 8 points per $1 donated. PetSmart Charities of Canada is very dear to our hearts and want to THANK YOU when you donate to help pets find forever homes!
What happens if an uneven amount is spent? Is there credit for the change?
Yes, every penny counts, if you spent $35.55 you will earn 284.4 points (8*35.55). In some places we won’t be able to display the points decimals but be rested, we will be tracking them for you!
Where can I find my points balance?
- Download the PetSmart app and log in or create an account, your points balance will appear on the homepage
- To check your Treats point balance, simply go to petsmart.ca/treats-rewards. You will need to sign in or create an account to view your points.
- Every time you make a purchase in stores, your points balance will be listed at the bottom of your receipt.
- Watch for Treats emails. Make sure you are signed up for PetSmart emails.
- Ask a cashier when shopping at a PetSmart store.
Can I earn base & bonus points on the same item/transaction?
Yes, members can earn base and bonus points on the same product/transaction. For example, members will earn 400 base points on a $50 qualifying purchase. If a "2X" multiplier offer is also applicable, the total points earned would be 800 (calculated as follows: 400 base points + 400 bonus points = 800 points).
Can bonus points offers be combined?
Sometimes, Treats may also offer a chance to combine two or more bonus offers on a qualifying purchase. When this occurs, base points are earned only once. For example, if a member buys $25 worth of cat food when we offer 2X points for that product, and another offer for 3X points on your entire purchase, the total points earned would be 800 points. Let's do the math: 200 base points (25*8) + 200 (25*8) bonus points from the 2X product specific bonus offer + 400 (25*16) bonus points from the 3X on your entire purchase = 800 points.
How can I check to see if I have any offers or points?
Most of bonus points promotions will be delivered via email, so make sure to opt-in to receive PetSmart emails. You can also check your offers and points balance on the PetSmart mobile app.
What is “offer activation”?
When we send you an email with a bonus points promotion, all you need to do to earn those bonus points is to click on the "activate" button and then go shop. You won’t need to present any coupon, and your bonus points will be credited automatically to your account.
What happens to my points when I return an item?
Any points earned on the merchandise is deducted from your points balance. For example, a returned merchandise value of $10 would deduct 80 points from your balance (8 points x $10 = 80 points). A negative points balance can result if you return a product with a point value greater than the amount of points in your account balance.
If I have more than one membership, can I transfer points between them?
No, if you have opened more than one membership by mistake, please call our Customer Care Team to address this issue.
What if I forgot to use my Treats membership during an in-store purchase or during online checkout? How do I apply a missing transaction to my account?
Please call our customer care at 888-839-9638, just have your receipt handy and our customer service representative will be happy to help you.
How do I redeem my points in stores?
At checkout, ask the associate for your points balance. You can start redeeming when you have at least 1,000 available points.
- Points can only be redeemed at 1,000 points intervals
- Remember that every 1,000 points being redeemed gets you a $2.50 discount
Tell the associate you want to redeem your points. The amount of points being redeemed depends on qualifying products (excludes taxes, donations, gift cards, tips, cash back coupons) and your transaction subtotal (before tax). See examples below:
- You have 3,000 points on your balance and your transaction subtotal (before tax) is $7.50. When you ask our associate to redeem your points, we will redeem 3,000 points from your account and apply $7.50 in discount to your purchase and your new subtotal (before tax) will be $0.
- You have 3,000 points on your balance and your transaction subtotal (before tax) is $5.00. When you ask our associate to redeem your points, we will redeem 2,000 points from your account and apply $5.00 in discount to your purchase and your new subtotal (before tax) will be $0 and you will still have 1,000 points in your balance.
- You have 3,000 points on your balance and your transaction subtotal (before tax) is $10.00 but you are purchasing a $5.00 gift card, which is excluded from points redemption, bringing your qualifying subtotal to $5.00 (before tax). When you ask our associate to redeem your points, we will redeem 2,000 points from your account and apply $5.00 in discount to your purchase and your new subtotal (before tax) will be $5.00 (the amount for the gift card) and you will still have 1,000 points in your balance.
- You have 3,500 points on your balance and your transaction subtotal (before tax) is $10.00. When you ask our associate to redeem your points, we will redeem 3,000 points from your account and apply $7.50 in discount to your purchase and your new subtotal (before tax) will be $2.50 and you will still have 500 points in your balance.
How do I redeem my points online?
Make sure you are logged in to your PetSmart account. You can request to redeem your points in your cart. Just look at “treats available” during checkout at any time before you place your order.
Can I use my points with other discounts & specials offered by PetSmart?
Yes, your points can be combined with other discounts and special offers, as well as any form of payment accepted at PetSmart. For example, you can redeem your points and use a coupon we sent you via email in the same transaction.
What items do not qualify for point redemption?
Most products are eligible for point redemption. However, donations, gift cards, taxes, tips, cash back, recurring auto ship orders, and shipping fees are excluded. See Program Terms & Conditions for complete details.
What happens if I return a product I bought using points redemption?
When you redeem your points for a product purchase, please make you will keep the product as once points are redeemed they are forfeited for good and will not be re-instated to your account if you return the product you redeemed your points on.
Can I give my points to a friend or family member?
No, Treats points are not transferable.
Other than points, what other benefits are there for joining the Treats loyalty program?
In addition to earning points, Treats loyalty program members enjoy:
- member-exclusive offers & advance notice of in-store events
- a surprise on their pet’s birthday
- FREE Doggie Day Camp session after 10 Doggie Day Camp sessions
- FREE shipping on online orders of $49 or more (before tax, shipping, and any discount codes are applied). Just be sure to log in during checkout.
What emails will I receive as a member?
By providing us with a valid email address, you agree to the Program’s Terms & Conditions and you will receive key program benefits such as bonus point promotions, birthday gifts and other great offers that are only available via email.
How do I stop receiving PetSmart emails?
To opt out of email communications, log into your account and go to My Account and uncheck the box to receive emails. Or, you can click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of any PetSmart email you receive. However, if you opt-out, we can't send you exclusive member-only deals and discounts. If you miss our emails and offers, you can always go online and subscribe to them again.
What special offers can I get as a member?
The Treats program rewards you with special offers based on the products and services you love. You'll receive custom offers sent via email, text message, mobile app notifications, and postal mail. Examples are coupons for discounts on specially selected products or services, double or triple bonus points offers, and much more.
How do I get the special offer that my friend received?
Treats is designed to give you offers tailored to you. Not all offers are available to all members. To receive offers more relevant to you, remember to provide your phone number or email address to an associate every time you shop or be logged in when checking out online.
What happened with my PetPerks account & benefits?
The PetPerks program has been discontinued and all PetPerks members are now invited to join the Treats loyalty program.
What do I need to continue receiving discounted prices?
The Treats program will continue to offer discounted prices. Sign up for Treats now and receive all the exclusive benefits!
Does this program work with Chewy?
No, not at this time. Treats membership and benefits are exclusive to PetSmart customers.