Time to start shopping!
Fire Belly ToadDetails https://www.petsmart.ca/reptile/live-reptiles/snakes-turtles-and-more/fire-belly-toad-4032724.html
1. Select SizePlease select a variation value to continue
This item is not available for in-store pickup. Check store availability.find a store near you
- Diet: Crickets & waxworms
- Maximum size: 3"
- Water temperature: 72-82Â° F
- Experience level: Beginner
- Tank Setup: Amphibian setup. Wash hands if touched, skin has toxins.
Things to Remember
This means they eat mostly live insects.
Diurnal and Nocturnal
Firebelly toads are active both day and at night.
This means they need a home with both dry land and water areas.
Firebelly toads have sensitive skin, and should not be handled very much. They can also secrete toxins from their skin, so be sure to always wash your hands after handling them, and closely monitor children to ensure they do the same.
Firebelly toads eat live, "gut loaded" crickets (you'll feed the insects a special supplement so they have extra nutrients), waxworms or red wigglers.
Your semi-aquatic pet needs a home with land and water areas. You can create this environment by:
- Furnishing the terrarium with a water
- A dish large enough for full-body soaking
- Creating a divided terrarium with a water side and a land side. Be sure to create a gradual slope that allows your pet to get in and out of the water easily.
- Use a small filter to help keep the water clean, and a submersible heater (if needed) to keep the water at the right temperature.
Feeding amount & frequency
Feed juveniles daily; adults 3-4 times a week. Offer an amount that can be consumed during the nighttime feeding.
Line the home with 2"-3" (5-8cm) of aquarium gravel. Slope up to create a dry area above water level. Remove waste weekly and clean gravel at least once a month.
Vet Assuredâ¢ Promise
All pets purchased at PetSmart are raised under our exclusive Vet Assured program and come with a 14-day satisfaction guarantee. Vet Assured is a program designed by PetSmart veterinarians to improve the health and well-being of our pets. The program sets standards for the care of our pets by our live animal partners and store associates and establishes strict standards for the monitoring and prevention of common illnesses found in pets. PetSmart makes a significant investment in the care of our pets and it is apparent in the quality and comfort of the pets in our stores. However, if your pet becomes ill during this initial 14-day period, or if you're not satisfied with your pet for any reason, PetSmart will gladly replace the pet or refund the purchase price. Please keep your sales receipt and return the pet to the store where it was purchased if needed.