The nutrient-rich formula of this cat food contains DHA to help brain and eye development in your kitten and antioxidants to help boost his or her immune system. Delicious chicken is the primary ingredient and is a great source of high-quality protein.
Your growing kitten needs a special blend of nutrients to grow strong and healthy, and this Purina Pro Plan brand CAT FOOD Chicken and Rice Kitten Formula is specially formulated to help provide those nutrients. The food is 41% high-quality protein from delicious chicken that will leave your kitten feeling full and satisfied. Nutrients in the food, such as DHA for brain and vision development and antioxidants for an immune system boost, help your little kitty thrive.
- For kittens
- Formulated with 41% protein and features real chicken as the primary ingredient for high-quality, delicious flavour
- Contains antioxidants that help boost your cat's immune system
- Includes DHA to help support brain and vision development
- Made without artificial colours or flavours for a wholesome meal
- From 3 – 6 weeks of age, feed 1/4 – 1/3 cup (31 – 41 g) daily to kittens weighing 0.7 – 1.4 lb. (0.3 – 0.6 kg); from 7 – 23 weeks of age feed 1/3 – 2/3 cup (41 – 82 g) daily to kittens weighing 1.5 – 5 lb. (0.7 – 2.3 kg); from 24 – 52 weeks of age feed 2/3 – 1 cup (82 – 122 g) daily to kittens weighing 5.7 – 14 lb. (2.4 – 6.4 kg); feed more than 1 cup (122 g) daily to kittens over 1 year old
- If serving moistened, use 1 part warm liquid to 3 parts food, changing frequently to ensure freshness
- If feeding during gestation, feed the amount needed to maintain ideal body condition
- When transitioning to Pro Plan, gradually mix increasing amounts of Pro Plan with decreasing amounts of the old food over 7 – 10 days to avoid digestive upset
- Ingredients: chicken, brewer's rice, corn gluten meal, chicken by-product meal, animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherols (form of vitamin E), soybean meal, dried egg product, poultry by-product meal, soy protein isolate, fish meal, wheat flour, animal liver flavour, salt, phosphoric acid, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, dried colostrum, taurine, calcium carbonate, zinc sulphate, L-lysine monohydrochloride, ferrous sulphate, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (source of vitamin C), manganese sulphate, niacin, vitamin A supplement, copper sulphate, calcium pantothenate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin supplement, vitamin B12 supplement, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, vitamin D3 supplement, calcium iodate, biotin, menadione sodium bisulphite complex (source of vitamin K activity) and sodium selenite
- Guaranteed Analysis: Crude Protein (min) 41.0%, Crude Fat (min) 18.0%, Crude Fibre (max) 3.0%, Moisture (max) 12.0%, Linoleic Acid (min) 1.9%, Calcium (min) 1.0%, Phosphorus (min) 0.8%, Vitamin A (min) 10,000 IU/kg, Vitamin E (min) 400 IU/kg, Taurine (min) 0.18%, Docosahexaenoic Acid* (DHA) (min) 0.01%
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles.
Provide a dish of clean, fresh water at all times; if your kitten refuses water, you can moisten this food before serving.
See your veterinarian regularly.
Keep dry or moistened food available to your kitten at all times.
As kittens near adulthood, their calorie needs may decrease. Continue to adjust the amount you feed to maintain your kitten's ideal body conditions and avoid excess weight.
It is not necessary to add supplemental vitamins or minerals to cats during gestation.
Available in 3.5-lb. (1.6 kg) and 7-lb. (3.2) kg packages*See menu selections above for sizes and styles in stock and available online.