This flea and tick collar helps protect cats and kittens against unwanted pests. The reflective collar helps ensure your cat's safety at night, while the safety snap helps prevent neck injury.
Help prevent unwanted pests for up to 5 months with this Hartz UltraGuard Reflective Flea & Tick Collar for Cats. The collar's safety snap helps protect your kitty from neck injury, and the reflective design directs light up to 300' (91.4 m) for enhanced visibility.
- For cats and kittens 12 weeks of age and older
- Helps kill and protect against fleas and ticks for up to 5 months
- Remove collar from package, unroll and stretch to activate insecticide generator
- As the collar begins to work, a fine white powder will appear on the surface
- Do not unroll collar until ready to use
- Place the collar around the cat's neck, adjust for proper fit
- The collar must be worn loosely to allow for growth of the cat and to permit the collar to move about the neck; a properly fitted collar will snugly slide over the cat's head
- Leave 2" or 3" (5 – 8 cm) on the collar for extra adjustments
- Cut off and dispose of the extra length
- Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing animals
- Some animals may become irritated by collar if it is applied too tightly; if this occurs, loosen the collar
- The collar will begin to kill fleas and ticks immediately; full protection against harder-to-kill ticks will build up within a few days after being placed on the pet
- For continuous flea and tick protection under normal conditions, replace the collar every 7 months
- Do not replace the collar more than once every 5 months
- The collar reflects direct light up to 300' (91.4 m) for improved visibility in low-light conditions
- Features a safety snap to help reduce the risk of neck injury
- Active ingredient: tetrachlorvinphos 14.6%
Use only on cats; do not use on dogs or other animals.
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling; read entire label before using.
Do not allow children to play with collar.
Dust will form on the collar during storage and may irritate eyes, nose and throat. Avoid breathing dust from collar.
Avoid contact with mouth, eyes, skin and clothing.
If swallowed, call a poison control centre or doctor immediately for treatment advice; do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control centre or doctor.
If product comes in contact with skin or clothing, remove contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 – 20 minutes.
If inhaled, move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then provide artificial respiration.
Avoid product contact with food, food utensils or places where food is prepared or stored.
Avoid contact with the cat's mouth, face, eyes and genitals.
Avoid letting the pet inhale dust from the collar.
Harmful if collar is chewed or swallowed.
Do not use this product on cats at the same time or within 30 days before or after treatment with, or exposure to, cholinesterase-inhibiting drugs, pesticides or chemicals. Acute symptoms of over dosages in dogs and cats include diarrhoea, salivation, vomiting, muscular tremors and weakness.
Symptoms of human poisoning may include headache, weakness, sweating, blurred vision, nausea and diarrhoea. Obtain medical attention or call a poison control centre at once. Atropine is antidotal.
If pet reveals signs of sensitivity, bathe pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Take container, label, or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical or veterinary attention.