This flea and tick collar helps protect your dog against fleas and ticks for up to 5 months.
Help protect your pup against unwanted pests with this Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Collar for Dogs. The collar is designed to help kill fleas and ticks for up to 5 months, to relieve your pooch of his or her pain.
Collar Sizing Help
- For dogs 12 weeks of age and older
- Helps kill fleas and ticks for up to 5 months
- Read entire label before using
- Do not remove the collar from its package until ready to use
- Remove the collar from the package, unroll and stretch to activate; this releases the active ingredient at time of use and assures full activity
- Place the flea collar around the dog's neck, allowing a spacing of 2 fingers between collar and neck and buckle in place; leave 2" to 3.1" (5 to 8 cm) on the collar for extra adjustment
- Cut off any excess length and dispose of it in the garbage
- Wash hands with soap and water after handling collar
- Replace this collar once every 3 months; replace collar every 7 months for continual pest control in situations where there is an ongoing risk of pest infestation
- Active ingredient: tetrachlorvinphos 14.6%
Measure the circumference of your dog's neck using a cloth measuring tape positioned where his collar sits. The resulting measurement plus 2" is your dog's neck size. The collar should be snug with enough room to fit two fingers between your dog's neck and his collar.
Tip: If you do not have a cloth tape measure, try using a piece of string and then measure the string with a ruler.
The width should be proportional to your dog's size: 1"+ width for large dogs, 3/4" for medium dogs, 1/2" or under for small or toy dogs.View the Dog Collar Sizing Guide
Use only on dogs.
Keep out of reach of children; do not allow children to play with collar.
Dust will form on the collar during storage; mayirritate eyes, nose and throat. Avoid contact with mouth, eyes, skin and clothing.
If product comes in contact with skin or clothing, remove contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 – 20 minutes.
Avoid breathing dust from collar. If inhaled, move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance; then provide artificial respiration.
If swallowed, call a poison control centre or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control centre or doctor.
Consult a veterinarian before using on sick, aged, pregnant or nursing animals or animals receiving drug or other pesticide treatment.
Avoid contact with the dog's mouth, face, eyes and genitals.
Avoid letting the pet inhale dust from the collar.
Harmful if collar is chewed or swallowed.
Do not use this product on dogs at the same time or within 30 days before or after treatment with, or exposure to, cholinesterase-inhibiting drugs, pesticides, or chemicals. Acute symptoms of overdosages in dogs and cats include diarrhoea, salivation, vomiting, muscular tremors and weakness.
Symptoms of human poisoning may include headache, weakness, sweating, blurred vision, nausea and diarrhoea. Obtain medical attention or call a poison control centre at once; atropine is antidotal.
If pet reveals signs of sensitivity, bathe pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water; if signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Take container, label, or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical or veterinary attention.
Store in original, unopened container in a cool place away from food.
Do not re-use empty pouch.
Available in 17" (for puppies), 21" (for dogs) and 26" (for large dogs)*See menu selections above for sizes and styles in stock and available online.