This flea and tick collar helps protect your cat from unwanted pests for up to 5 months, while the safety snap helps prevent neck injury.
This Hartz UltraGuard Flea & Tick Collar for Cats and Kittens helps protect your furry friend against unwanted pests for up to 5 months. The collar features a safety snap to help reduce the risk of neck injury.
- For cats and kittens 12 weeks of age and older
- Helps kill and protect against fleas and ticks for up to 5 months
- Read entire label before using
- It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labelling
- Remove collar from package, unroll and stretch to activate insecticide generator
- As the collar begins to work, a fine white powder will appear on the surface
- Do not unroll collar until ready to use
- Place the collar around the cat's neck and adjust for proper fit
- The collar must be worn loosely to allow for growth of the cat and to permit the collar to move about the neck
- A properly fitted collar will snugly slide over the cat's head
- Leave 2" or 3" (5 – 8 cm) on the collar for extra adjustments
- Cut off and dispose of the extra length
- Some animals may become irritated by collar if it is applied too tightly; if this occurs, loosen the collar
- The collar will begin to kill fleas and ticks immediately; its full protection against harder-to-kill ticks will build up within a few days after being placed on the pet
- For continuous flea and tick protection under normal conditions, replace the collar every 7 months
- Do not replace the collar more frequently than every 5 months
- Features a safety snap to help reduce the risk of neck injury
- Active ingredients: tetrachlorvinphos 14.6%
Use only on cats.
Keep out of reach of children; do not allow children to play with collar.
Avoid contact with mouth, eyes, skin and clothing.
If product comes in contact with skin or clothing, remove contaminated clothing and rinse skin immediately with plenty of water for 15 – 20 minutes.
Dust will form on the collar during storage and may irritate eyes, nose and throat. Avoid breathing dust from collar. If inhaled, move person to fresh air. If person is not breathing, call 911 or an ambulance, then provide artificial respiration.
If swallowed, call a poison control centre or doctor immediately for treatment advice. Do not induce vomiting unless told to do so by a poison control centre or doctor.
Avoid contact with the cat's mouth, face, eyes and genitals.
Avoid letting the pet inhale dust from the collar.
Harmful if collar is chewed or swallowed.
Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, medicated, pregnant or nursing animals
Do not use this product on cats at the same time or within 30 days before or after treatment with, or exposure to, cholinesterase-inhibiting drugs, pesticides or chemicals. Acute symptoms of overdosages in dogs and cats include diarrhoea, salivation, vomiting, muscular tremors and weakness.
Symptoms of human poisoning may include headache, weakness, sweating, blurred vision, nausea and diarrhoea. Obtain medical attention or call a poison control centre at once. Atropine is antidotal.
If pet reveals signs of sensitivity, bathe pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Take container, label, or product name and Pest Control Product Registration Number with you when seeking medical or veterinary attention.
Store in original, unopened container in a cool place apart from food and feed.
Do not re-use empty pouch.
Available in a 0.5-oz. (15 g) size
Available in white and purple*See menu selections above for sizes and styles in stock and available online.